June 25th edition of TSN’s Insider Trading:
- Bob McKenzie says things are heating up on the Jason Spezza trade front. He says there are four serious bidders: three from the West (including St. Louis and Anaheim) and one mystery team from the East. Further, he notes that Spezza can block a trade to Florida, Carolina, Columbus and the Islanders. He suggests the Sens would like to get the deal done prior to or at the draft, as they’d like a 2014 1st round pick to come back.
- Darren Dreger reports that Dave Bolland is asking for an 8 year contract at an annual salary of $4.9 million. The Leafs would like to get him for a 5 or 6 year deal, however.
- Dreger also says the Oilers are looking for some help at center and on defense and are dangling the #3 pick and Sam Gagner.
- McKenzie reports that Joe Thornton doesn’t appear to be going anywhere, despite that being what the Sharks likely would prefer. He suggests if Thornton did give the Sharks a list of teams to which he’d accept a trade, which he hasn’t done, it would likely include non-desirable trade targets for the Sharks: Los Angeles, Anaheim, Chicago, etc.
- McKenzie says Ryan Kesler has provided the Canucks with a six-team list (including Chicago and Anaheim) that he would accept a trade to. The Hawks and Ducks feel like they are the only bidders, so the offers aren’t where the Canucks would like.
- McKenzie also reports that the Canucks are players on the Panthers’ #1 overall pick. He says the Panthers have three legitimate offers for the top pick.
- Darren Dreger reports that eight teams have shown interest in Dan Boyle, the Maple Leafs being one of them. He says many of those teams will meet with Boyle’s representation tomorrow face-to-face.